These cookies were decent. They had a nice cake like consistency & had a well rounded peanut butter, honey, chocolate flavor. Nothing special but nice to try.
Texas Sheet Cake Cookies with a Peanut Butter Twist from Bob’s Red Mill United States of Cookies
For the cookies
For the icing
- Preheat oven to 350° and line baking sheet with parchment or silicone mat, set aside.
- Use an electric mixer to cream peanut butter and butter in a mixing bowl until smooth. Add brown sugar; beat until combined. Add egg and vanilla, and continue beating until creamy.
- Fluff or sift flour and then spoon into measuring cup. If you use your measuring cup to scoop out flour, you will end up with too much flour.
- Add flour and baking powder to mixing bowl and beat on low speed until combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips on high in 30 second increments until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Mix melted chocolate directly into cookie dough until evenly mixed.
- Drop dough by a measured tablespoon-sized mounds onto baking sheet, lightly press down a bit. They will not spread. Bake for 7-8 minutes until cookies appear just set. They will still be very soft on the inside. DO NOT over-bake!!
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Using a food processor (or bowl), add peanut butter, cocoa powder, honey and vanilla. Mix together.
- Spread icing over cookies and enjoy